In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, ICASSP 2020 has been moved to a to a fully virtual conference. We have opted for a format where each contributed paper or talk, for both oral and poster presentations, will take the form of a pre-recorded video, available during the original dates of the conference and on-demand after the conference concludes.
We request you to prepare and upload a video of your presentation, comprised of a brief introduction with webcam, if desired, followed by voice over slides for your presentation. This will be considered as a replacement of your attendance at the conference, and is a requirement for your paper to remain in IEEE Xplore. Please note that the file must be a video file in mp4 format (more details below). Please do not try to upload Powerpoint or PDF files.
Our recommended approach to record a compatible video from content displayed on your computer screen and voice recorded via the computer microphone, is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries:
In order for videos to be verified by the technical program committee, there is considerable urgency in preparing and uploading your video.
Accordingly, we ask you that you please finalize your video by Friday, 17 April. You will receive an email with upload instructions soon.
Please use the following guidelines for preparing your video:
Keynotes, Panels and ETON talks: duration 50 minutes, limited to 300MB file size
Technical Papers (Both Oral and Poster) and Show & Tell Demos: duration 12-15 minutes, limited to 100MB file size
Industrial keynotes: duration 25 minutes
Tutorials and Workshops: authors will be directly contacted for its production
Video file format: mp4
Dimensions: Minimum height 480 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
File size limits and additional recording specifications will be provided soon.
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be uploaded.
Please be sure the video includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention to ICASSP 2020. Note that papers assigned to a “poster” session could either use a traditional slide format or oral talk referencing the different areas of a poster.
As a reminder, videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows in accordance with the SPS non-presented paper policy.
We hope to make ICASSP 2020 a success despite the difficult situation and this virtual conference format. We thank you for your cooperation in this endeavor.
Uploading your video to the virtual platform
- Visit the paper management system at the following URL: https://cmsworkshops.com/ICASSP2020/Papers/AuthorVideoUpload.asp
- Login with your paper number and password provided in the paper submission confirmation email.
- Choose which author is the presenting author and click on the “Continue to Video Upload” button.
- You will be redirected to a “Speaker Submission” form at 2020.ieeeicassp-virtual.org
- Fill out the form:
- A series of fields will be pre-filled on the form (these will be locked for editing). Please double check these for accuracy. If there are any inaccuracies, please contact Rachel Brockhoff (email@example.com) and reference your paper number.
- Upload your presentation video in mp4 format (max of 100MB is allowed)
- Upload a Speaker headshot photo.
- Include a Speaker Biography in the available text field.
- Upload PDF of your presentation slides.
- Submit the form by selecting the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- A confirmation message will be presented upon successful submission and a confirmation will be emailed to you. Be sure to retain this information in case you need to make future updates to your submission As a reminder, we ask you that you please finalize and upload your video by Friday, 17 April. Videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows in accordance with the SPS non-presented paper policy.