Tutorials at ICASSP 2020 (Barcelona, Spain) will be held on May 4, 2020, in both morning and afternoon sessions of 3 hours each. Tutorials addressing topics of relevance and interest to the broader Signal Processing community, especially those that cut across traditional technical committee boundaries, are encouraged.
Each tutorial proposal submission must include the following information:
- Presenters: Names, affiliation, contact information (email and postal address), and a short bio for each presenter.
- Description: A description of the tutorial topic, providing a sense of both the scope and depth of the tutorial, along with a tutorial outline.
- Expected audience: Include the background of the target audience and the anticipated number of attendees.
- Recent publications: List recent publications relevant to the tutorial topics from the speakers in the past 3-5 years.
- Relevance: Address the importance and timeliness of the proposal, and its relevance to researchers and engineers.
- Previous editions: If the tutorial was given before, indicate where and when, and if and how it will be modified for ICASSP 2020. If possible, provide a link to the slides of the previous tutorial presentation.
- Presentation material: If a draft of the tutorial material (to be distributed to the audience) is available, that can aid in assessing the proposal and also enable the committee to provide more constructive suggestions for the content.
Inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com.
Proposals will be peer-reviewed using the following criteria:
- Timeliness of the proposal: Importance of the topic in 2020 and relevance to ICASSP.
- Quality of the proposal: State-of-the art coverage of the topic, coherence, and experience of the speakers.
- Spectrum of the proposal: Whether the topic is of broad interest to academia and/or industry, researchers and/or engineers, and/or appeals to more than one Technical Committee or Special Interest Group.
- Accessibility of presentation material: Whether the presentation can be understood by the broad ICASSP audience including graduate students, practicing engineers, researchers and professors.
- Tutorial Proposals Due: October 14, 2019
- Notification of Tutorial Acceptance: November 18, 2019
Proposals for tutorials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.